Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Conflicting Statistics

I came across an article today that stated 71% of adults believe they are "fulfilling their calling in life", while 51% also said they are "searching for meaning and purpose in life" [Barna Group]. Not sure why this hit me as weird, but it did.  Common, if you're fulfilling your calling in life, don't you also have meaning and purpose?  Is this logical?  Made me wonder how I would have answered these questions.  

The answer is probably part of the reason why when we do "good deeds" we "feel good".  We're wired that way and all of us want to have meaning and purpose while fulfilling our calling in life.  I don't have all the answers, but I can assure you, giving to others will absolutely create a sense of meaning and purpose.




No comments: