Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ability to hear

I ran across an organization today that provides hearing aids to people in third-world countries. I learned about the Starkey Hearing Foundation from a preview article in NEED Magazine. I think it was the incredible blue of the girls eyes in this picture [I found they're that color because of the disease that took her hearing] that captured my attention. Honestly, I've never thought about what it would be like to not be able to hear. I love to read about organizations that are helping others with issues that I never bothered to even think about. I can't imagine what it would be like to never be able to hear, and then be given that gift. If you get a chance, check them out today. Check out NEED Magazine as well. This group did a great story on Hoops of Hope last year and they've been through some difficult times due to a theft to their office. But, they're back in business and as they say, they're not "out to change the world but to tell the stories of those who are".

© 2007 NEED Communications© 2008 NEED Communications

No comments: