Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

I went and voted today, joining millions of Americans who exercised their right to vote. No matter who you voted for, or who wins, it's an incredible right and freedom that we have to elect someone to office. Surprisingly, there wasn't even a line at the polling place. Nope, I just walked right in, voted, got my little sticker and was out the door on my way to Starbucks for a free cup of coffee just for voting. What a wonderful country.

So today, I'm thankful for the right to vote. Remember the scenes of Iraqi people walking 48 hours and standing in line for 17 hours just to vote? My polling place didn't look anything like this picture.
How about the situation in Zimbabwe, where the people were told to vote for Mugabe or starve? Wow, today is a good day. The person I voted for may or may not win, but I got the chance to vote and my prayer is that right will never go away.

No comments: