Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lettin' the laundry wait


Do you ever feel like you have so much going on that it's just a bit overwhelming? I know I do! For me, there's getting the kids to and from school, piano practice, chess club, mid-week church events, and whatever else they have happening in a given week. On top of that there's grocery shopping, house cleaning, laundry, finding time to connect with friends, and, oh yea, work! I'm lucky, though, because my work is actually something I LOVE. I get to work with people all around the world who are making a huge difference in the lives of kids orphaned by AIDS, and I get to do it with a team of people I think are absolutely incredible. Honestly, I don't think it gets any better than that!

Right now is the busiest time of year for all of us at Hoops of Hope. Austin is traveling just about every week, speaking all over the country, and World AIDS Awareness Day on December 5th is fast approaching. Some days, things like laundry just have to wait. But, it's o.k. It's o.k. because right now the kids in Africa are what matters most. They're getting the help they so desperately need, and that's more important than always having my favorite pair of jeans clean.

So many people have stepped up to partner with us this year, and it's totally amazing to be a part of it. Between now and December 5th, we have 14 confirmed Hoops of Hope events all around the country. Another 38 events are scheduled for the month of December, and 20 people have already said they're on for hosting an event in 2010! Every single day we are contacted by more people who want to get involved. Wow!!

I just want to say that you all are amazing! The kids you are helping will forever be grateful, and as busy as it is, we at Hoops of Hope wouldn't have it any other way. So, "bring it on!" I say! Keep me busy - let's help some kids together... my laundry can just wait.

Julie

No comments: