Monday, June 29, 2009

A Soul Generated by Love

"Everybody can be great...because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve.... You don't have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love."

-- Martin Luther King, Jr


This quote really hits home for me. Sometimes I think, well I just need to do "this" first, then I can help others. I need to go to school and grow up first, then I can do something for someone else. I think we all have these thoughts. But, forget waiting. The time is now. Whatever age, race, or gender you are, you can do.....something. Go out and serve someone and see what happens. Serve them with your whole heart. Give them all you have and see how their world and your world changes. Remember, don't wait. The time is NOW. You don't need to be smart, rich, old, or outgoing to serve. All you need is love. A heart that desires to make a change. A heart that longs to do something bigger than themselves. Even the most inadequate, young, and quiet person can make a difference. Trust me. Don't let anything hold you back. Go out and serve with a heart full of love.


TK

No comments: